This hymnal is particularly exciting, seeing as it contains a larger number of hymns than any previous LDS hymnals (as far as I've come to find).

3 Comments

Stephen Prince Stephen Prince

Re: 7/26/07 1841 Nauvoo Hymnal in the works

The text to one of the hymns, O Lord our Father let thy grace, was written by Hosea Stout. If you would be so kind, could you forward the words to me? I would be deeply grateful.
Shule Shule

Re: 7/26/07 1841 Nauvoo Hymnal in the works

Sure. Here's the page with the lyrics:
http://www.hymnwiki.org/O_Lord%2C_Our_Father_Let_Thy_Grace

I'm curious, though. How did you know the lyricist? Also, do you know of a tune commonly associated with this hymn?
Shule Shule

Re: 7/26/07 1841 Nauvoo Hymnal in the works

Oh, I guess I forgot to say that I completed my typing of this hymnal. There are articles for all the hymns in it on HymnWiki. :) They should contain at least lyrics, and be categorized in several ways (including by poetic meter—so you can see what tunes you can use with them and such).