Lyrics for Repton: 8 6 8 8 6 6

Shule
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I'm looking for hymn lyrics with the poetic meter of 8 6 8 8 6 6.  Please, if you know of any public domain hymns of this sort, let me know.  I'm thinking about writing my own.

As of this moment, I only know of one hymn: Dear Lord and Father of Mankind.

I want this for use with the tune Repton.  Now, I like Dear Lord and Father of Mankind, but I'm looking for a different sort of Hymn, fit for more occasions (as the tune is rather nice)—but, feel free to let me know of any you find.

Here's a link to the HymnWiki article on this hymn—there is sheet music:
HymnWiki Article

Re: Lyrics for Repton: 8 6 8 8 6 6

Shule
Administrator
I've found that The Hour of Peaceful Rest works with this.