My testimony of the Gospel, God and Jesus Christ

Posted by Shule Shule
I've been meaning to bare witness to the things I know to be true for some time. This relates to HymnWiki in that it relates to some of the reasons that we write and sing hymns.

First and foremost, I know that God lives and loves us profoundly—more than we know. I know that it is important to have faith in his love for us. I know that our heavenly father wants us to learn, live, progress and become like him. I know that God has placed us into families, and despite our conditions here, in the end we may live happily with our families forever—families can be together forever, as the song goes.

I know that singing hymns brings us closer to God, if we let it. I know it invites his spirit and makes our lives and environments more enjoyable. I know that hymns may stir great things within our souls, and that 'the song of the righteous is a prayer unto the Lord' as Doctrine and Covenants section 25 says.

I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God and the savior of the world. I know that we must put our trust in him, and our faith, for it is only in and through him that we are saved. Faith is more than believing in God's existence. If you believe in someone, it is more than believing they exist—it is also believing they can and will do what they determine to do. I know that Jesus Christ has suffered and atoned for our sins, transgressions and misdeeds—he has provided a way for us to be forgiven and cleansed. I know that he and our heavenly father want us to repent and live like him. I know that there is great joy to be found in living the gospel—more especially if we desire happiness and pray for it.

I know that the Bible as the prophets wrote it is true. I know that it testifies of Jesus Christ and his dealings with the Jews, both before and after his birth.

As a Latter-day Saint, there is more I would share. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ—another witness that he is our savior and redeemer. It is an ancient record of a remnant of the house of Israel separated from Jerusalem (lead out by God himself), kept by holy prophets who testified of Jesus and waited upon his resurrection, whereafter he appeared to them also and showed forth many miracles. I know that miracles happen today, and can happen more with our belief—that the gifts of the spirit are true and still exist today. I know that Joseph Smith translated The Book of Mormon into English.

I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God. I speak of Joseph Smith because he was the prophet by which Jesus Christ restored his church after the falling away (the apostasy) wherein the authority to act in His name was lost through the executions of the apostles (with the exception of maybe John who was to tarry, although he was outcast to an island and was not generally heard of after that—let alone in a manner to lead the church) and the persecution of the early saints. Through Joseph Smith, the Church of Jesus Christ was restored to the Earth. The authority to baptize and perform other saving ordinances was restored—and it exists today. I know there are apostles, today—there are prophets, today, who lead and direct Christ's church. I know that God lives, today. I know that Jesus Christ was resurrected and that one day we will all be resurrected. If we are faithful, we can be saved and live with our heavenly father and all the righteous. I know that there are yet many great things in store for us all.

For more information about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, please visit mormon.org.

I know that knowledge is spiritually discerned, and that our realization of it comes from God. This is whereby I know these things, although some I know I have witnessed in more practical terms (such as miracles and answers to prayers).

I know that our heavenly father wants us to share these things with others. That is another reason why I post this here—pray about these things, and ask God if they are true. Listen for his spirit, and feel for its fruits (love, joy, peace, meekness, gentleness, patience, longsuffering and so forth). Show faith, and he will answer with his spirit.

And I close in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 Comment

watani_mokhlis watani_mokhlis

Re: My testimony of the Gospel, God and Jesus Christ

GOD Bless You