rel nofollow

rogerdpack
Hello.  I noticed that links from hymnwiki are all rel="nofollow" which means I have a bit less motivation to (for instance) add links to my site (freeldssheetmusic.org -- hymn arrangements) on each page since it won't help with SEO.  I also link from my page to hymnwiki, and (for now) don't use rel="nofollow" so it might be a good relationship there. Thoughts welcome.
-roger-

Re: rel nofollow

rogerdpack
Ok, well, if anybody has any feedback for me on this topic, please write here and also CC rogerdpack@gmail.com for it.
Thanks!
-roger-

Re: rel nofollow

Shule
Administrator
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get notified of your post for some unknown reason (or a lot of people's posts, by the look of it). I think it's because Nabble switched it so all forums have their own user accounts and I didn't log in much during that time—so, maybe that cause a bug.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by the links are all rel=nofollow. Could you explain a little more? I don't have control over anything on the MediaWiki software beyond editing articles, the main page and stuff bureaucrats (if you're familiar with that term with MediaWiki) can do. I can't actually install extensions, edit configurations and all that, at this time, as I don't have server access. Hopefully I'll have authority to do stuff with the site internals one of these days.

If you can tell me how to fix the problem, and more about why it's a problem, I can forward your suggestion on to the person who is in charge of the site internals. She's probably pretty busy, though … unfortunately, but maybe she'll do something.